At a glance...
Helping organisations change, develop and transform is what we do. Everyday. Join organisations, networks, movements and groups to create transformation.
- Starting January 2024
- Term-time only commitments
- Open to all arts and cultural organisations across the UK
- Discounted places for individuals from under-represented protected characteristics
- Bursaries to provide financial support to people with care needs
- Designed and delivered by people make it work – the leading organisational development consultancy for arts and cultural organisations with more than 20 years of experience
- A learning environment dedicated to access for all
- Book your place – a straight forward process tailored to your needs
- 18 months of immersive and intensive support from a team of sector experts
- Workshops for the whole organisation
- Workshops for Senior Management Teams
- Action Learning Sets
- A community of leaders representing all arts and cultural disciplines
- Tools, resources, presentations all free to use and share
- Monthly 1:1s, check ins and action planning
- Monthly surgeries and support from industry experts
- A community of peers for support and knowledge sharing
- More than 300 hours of dedicated support
Who is it for?
A community of leaders, practitioners, advocates, activists, trailblazers and instigators all bringing unique experiences, insights and learning.
- All arts, cultural and heritage organisations, networks and movements across the UK. We welcome organisations and groups of different scale, art form and location. Having a diverse cohort is essential to the programme’s value and impact
- Organisations, partnerships, networks and places who are changing their practice to become more inclusive, resilient and equitable
- Organisations who have a vision for the future and want support to realise their intentions
- Organisations who need to change to reach more audiences, generate more income, strengthen their impact, become essential to their communities
- Organisations, partnerships and places who want to lead a particular change with ease, momentum and flow
- Organisations who want to see a real shift in the cultural sector, and want to support, advocate and lead a culturally democratic sector
- Senior Leadership Teams that are stuck or blocked in the status quo and need tools, resources, support and coaching to reshape and refocus their organisation.
- Senior Leadership Teams who can contribute to and share collective wisdom in a peer programme that will bring new insights, new networks, new practice and new approaches.
What do we need?
Energy, commitment, peer support, organisational buy-in
- Two people – we strongly recommend that each organisation nominates at least two people to engage fully in the programme. This is to strengthen the learning in your organisation and provide resilience. A diverse cohort is essential to the programme. We strongly encourage you to think about the right people for the programme, people who have the time, energy, and experiences, and crucially are supported and empowered within the organisation to lead the changes and address the challenges. It could be a member of your Board, a representative from a partner organisation, a member from your Senior Management Team.
- Time – we are all busy, but leading your organisation effectively through changed times will take time and it makes sense to use your time wisely with peers, experts, support and 1:1s to keep you on track, energised and focussed.
- Energy and commitment – this is a peer programme. There is incredible value in learning with and from leaders from a range of organisations that represent different voices, art forms, scale, location and purpose. All cohort members are asked to commit to sharing their learning for the benefit of the wider cohort.
- Infrastructure – this is a programme for the whole organisation / network / movement. We ask you to nominate dedicated participants who will attend all of the workshops, but, with our support, you need to identify the ways in which the learning will be supported back in the organisation through communication, engagement plans, project plans, 1:1s, etc
- Financial resources – we are offering a programme that represents a discount in excess of 75%, compared to average consultancy day rates. We will agree to a payment plan that suits your organisation’s cash flow and budget needs. We have a limited amount of discounted places that are available to support organisations in need of financial assistance. These places are prioritised for individuals from under-represented protected characteristics. In addition to the programme fees, all organisations are also required to arrange the travel and accommodation costs for 4 Core Workshops that will be hosted in arts and cultural venues across the UK. The programme is £5,000 + VAT per person (which equates to £277 per month.) We have 30 discounted places at £3,125 + VAT per person.
Queries, conversations, booking your place. Tell us what you need.
We’d love to hear from you and have a conversation before you book your place. We strongly recommend this – our experience is that the people we talk to in advance feel better informed and better equipped to make compelling transformations.
We are committed to a process and a programme that is equitable and accessible. We are fallible and, despite our very best efforts, we will make mistakes, so if there is anything that you experience in this process that excludes you or makes it difficult to book your place, please let us know and together we will find the appropriate solution.
- Book a 1:1 call to find out more
- Book your place in a way that suits you – a written statement, a video, a voice recording.