At people make it work, we believe in tailoring our services to every client – we don’t use off the shelf solutions, because we don’t have off the shelf clients. We have unique clients who deserve unique solutions.
Our approach is holistic – we like to consider the whole organisation that we are working with… to understand all the factors that can be leveraged to create success and all those that need to be addressed to avoid failure.
- We can work on whole organisation projects, or with specific business divisions or geographies.
- People make it work can offer the complete change management consultancy, from helping you develop your new business strategy to building the plan to deliver that and supporting you as you engage your employees and other stakeholders. We can even develop the training courses that might be needed to create the new skills and behaviours that the strategy requires.
- Our consulting work tends to be quite intimate – we work alongside business leaders and their management teams, helping them to imagine, shape and then realise their business goals.
- Our consultants tend to be leadership coaches as well and this enables them to offer broad support to our clients as they create change in their organisations
- We have delivered consultancy projects for arts and culture organizations including, Axisweb, The Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings, Arts Council England (Performing Arts, Visual Arts, Organisational Development, Literature, Public Engagement) Newbury Corn Exchange, Yorkshire Art Space, A New Direction, The Audience Agency and the Crafts Council
Leadership coaching is a powerful tool in creating real organisational change and supporting your most important individuals to really have the greatest impact.
We offer coaching for senior leaders and their teams to help them constantly develop and improve, and create even better results from the people around them.
- We also offer training courses to create skilled coaches in your organisation or else to create a coaching culture across the business.
- Our coaches are hand picked, and we will identify the right combination of industry experience, national exposure, international knowledge and core skills to suit your needs.
- We have delivered coaching support to a wide range of organizations and individuals and personal references are available on request.
We offer an extensive range of training services that can help create organisational change.
Most change programmes require new skills and attitudes in the organisation and we develop tailored courses for leadership teams, other managers and front line staff.
Our training courses use the latest learning techniques and we can deliver them over a range of platforms, depending on your organisational requirements.
We also offer train the trainer courses if you want to develop the skills of your internal training functions.
Some of the training courses we have developed and ready to refine to your needs include;
- Customer service
- Leadership development
- First line management
- Managing people and relationships
- Change management
- Engaging employees
- Shifting your culture
- Managing performance
- Time management
- Coaching skills
- Influencing skills
- Managing stakeholders
We can also develop new training programmes or individual training courses depending on your needs.
We have provided training to organisations including National Theatre of Wales, the Clore Short Course (leading change) West Yorkshire Playhouse, The Audience Agency, Axisweb, Bromley Mytime, TMA, Arts Council England, Arts and Business Scotland and the Clore Emerging Leaders courses (Managing people and relationships)
Change Management is a core service for people make it work.
We believe that change is made by people rather than done to them, and so we work with leadership teams, managers and whole organisation teams to understand the needs for change, develop a vision, gain buy in and deliver complex compelling and effective change programmes that deliver real results creatively, socially and financially.
- The best change management approaches speeds up acceptance and implementation and creates high degrees of commitment and compliance to the change from staff and leaders alike.
- People make it work can offer the complete change management consultancy, from helping you develop your new business strategy to building the plan to deliver it and supporting you as you engage your employees and other stakeholders. We can even develop the training courses that might be needed to create the new skills and behaviours that the strategy requires.
- Our change management processes and tools have been developed over decades by some of the best change management experts working across international business today.
- We have provided Change Management services for organisations including Clore Leadership Programme, West Yorkshire Playhouse, the Craft Council, The Audience Agency, The SPAB and Newbury Corn Exchange
We offer a range of facilitation services. We often run workshops for Leadership teams, Boards of directors, functional teams and whole organisations. We can facilitate sessions from 6 – 6,000 people.
Our facilitation is designed to create ideas and energy, to build relationships and generate commitment and action.
- We work with you to uncover the challenges and opportunities and then design a facilitation that will respond to this and create amazing business results.
- Within the cultural sector we have run cross sector meetings, networking events, skills development workshops, consultation sessions and brain storming sessions.
- We have facilitated meetings, workshops and events for organisations including Paul Hamlyn Foundation, Arts Council England (Organisational Development, Performing Arts, Public Engagement and London office), Up projects, Breakin’ convention, West Yorkshire Playhouse, Pentabus, Axisweb, Shakespeare Birthplace Trust, Arts and Business Scotland, Crafts Council, Audiences UK, The Audience Agency, Salisbury Playhouse, Tender and Various Voices.
When clients have a need to review their strategy, explore the ways their organisation is working, how they are contributing to the widersector, art form or ecology or explore ways that they might refine or develop their proposition, then we can help with facilitation, structured strategy workshops and support around generating clarity and producing a powerful and engaging strategy to take the business forward.
Supporting the development of new business models and the business plans that they require is a critical service that the cultural sector requires. Our combination of commercial and cultural experience makes us well placed to support the development of entrepreneurial, innovative business models recognizing the complexity of the current marketplace, funding environment and political outlook.
We have supported the strategic development of transformational new business models for a range of national and regional arts organisations and confidential references are available on request.
First Direct is a stand out example of brand alignment – the customer experience perfectly matches the brand promise, every hour of every day.
We like to think that we helped develop and maintain that culture during the late nineties, and that we can bring the same expertise and techniques to your organisation.
We work with you to bring your external brand alive in the organization, so that everyone from the CEO to the receptionist is living the brand in their day to day behavour, is committed to the goals and values of the organization and creates a consistent experience for the customer.
We have worked with some of the most recognizable brands in the UK, US and around the world, and have particular expertise in developing the customer service or audience experience and the training needed to deliver the brand consistently, every day, everywhere by everyone.
SENIOR TEAM DEVELOPMENT
People make it work have been working with senior business leaders for decades, since we believe that if you want to enable business development and change then you need to work with the people at the top.
Many organisational challenges can be solved by investing in the skills and mindset of the top team and so we work with you using team development, strategy development and leadership development interventions.
Our work with senior teams can involve coaching, training or joint problem solving. It often involves developing strategy, clear messaging and inspiring communication skills. We often work with senior teams when they have a particular challenge coming up, whether that is a difficult set of results, a conference or a business reorganisation.
We have supported Senior Management team development in a range of arts and cultural organizations through the Clore Leadership programme, as well as with West Yorkshire Playhouse, Arts Council England, Yorkshire Arts Space, Axisweb, Crafts Council, Arts Council London and National Theatre Wales
Great leadership thinking has no value if it isn’t understood, believed and acted on by the whole organisation and we are experts in Employee Engagement.
We understand how to engage employees and use a range of techniques to ensure that they are motivated, committed to the organisation and clear about what they can do to make the company even better.
We have tools and techniques to uncover what will motivate your people to deliver even more, develop faster and create even better customer experiences.